Health Impacts of Yoga and Pranayama: A State-of-the-Art Review
- Yoga is reported to reduce stress and anxiety and improves autonomic functions by triggering neurohormonal mechanisms by the suppression of sympathetic activity
- It is effective in helping to treat hypertension, diabetes, and obesity.
- It also reduces stress and anxiety, and helps improve mood
- Overall, this is a good synopsis of yoga history.
- This article contains a detailed analysis regarding yoga’s impact on physiological pathologies.