What Does a Class Look Like?
While the exact format, timing, and details of each class are unique for each client, classes follow the same general pattern:
- Topic introduction
- Movement practice
- Breath-work & meditation
- Team building discussion around the day’s topic
Where are Classes Held?
Group classes can be held in conference rooms, cafeterias, lecture halls, outside, or in other semi-spacious areas.
How Should You Prepare?
There’s no need to prepare, change clothes, or roll out a yoga mat for our classes. That being said,
Here are a few minimal wardrobe suggestions:
- Please refrain from wearing constrictive or tight clothing
- Consider how revealing your clothing might be (short skirts, loose blouses, etc.) during movement and stretching
- We encourage everyone to take off their shoes, loosen their belt a notch, take off their ties, and un-tuck their shirts—don’t worry if your shirt-tails show!
Our 8 Week Introductory Program
Studies show that it takes about 8 to 12 weeks of regular practice to form new habits. That’s why we offer a prepackaged 8-week, 8-class introduction for new clients. This 8-week package is designed to offer a minimum effective dose as a way to test out our services in your workplace.
Here are the topics introduced in the first eight weeks:
- Various breathing practices for relaxation and focus
- Basic movements and poses for increased comfort and stress relief
- Yogic teachings related to intention setting, mindful eating and nutrition, meditation, listening skills, and karma yoga.
The Tip of the Iceberg
Our 8 week program is just the tip of the iceberg! Whether you want to dive into particular modules that we offer (like our module on karma yoga) or simply want more of our “plain clothes yoga” classes, we want to work with you.
We hope you’ll join us and be part of the uplifting transformation of work cultures and environments across the greater Philadelphia area.